How often does it happens that u type a domain name(site's name) in your browser and it takes ages to open the site.
In case you are using bookmarked site or the one stored in your address bar(normally in opera ,chrome and firefox browsers) that the site takes a while to open.
If you try GOOGLE DNS then all your client DNS lookup's will me made from GOOGLE public DNS.
Why does DNS matter?
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web's infrastructure, serving as the Internet's phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.
This not only speeds up your browsing but also improves security.
HOW TO CONFIGURE ?
- Just go to control panel>network settings>network connections
- Right click on Local Area Network and select Properties.
- In general TAB double click internet protocol(TCP/IP).
- Just note the default configurations and IP's(it'll help you when you revert back)
- Now just enter following DNS address and alternate DNS address.
Alternate DNS :-126.96.36.199
- Click ok in this window as well as the other one.
- Your DNS is set.
Just write GOOGLE.com in your browser's address bar and press enter.
If google.com opens ,it's ok.
Check it for others as well and do notice the speed .ITS AWESOME